• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GregoryK
    • Nov 2006
    • 3.8.x

Change Top Menu

Good Day,

I've been trying to locate the area in which to change the top menu bar so I can add a couple of advertiser links to it. I also run vBCMPS so don't know if it's going to be in there or in the regular vB admin panel area. This is a critical item if I decide to switch my forums over to vB.

Thanks for your help
    sigpicGreg, Founder
    Kings Fuller Brush
    St. Albans 20 Masonic Lodge
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

ACP -->Styles & Templates -->Style Manager --> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -->navbar

The fact you are using vBadvanced shouldn't matter unless your link is pointing to the wrong place.
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• GregoryK
      • Nov 2006
      • 3.8.x

Ah, thanks, that was one place I didn't look. Trying to learn a new software after having used something else for several years can be confusing at times.
      sigpicGreg, Founder
      Kings Fuller Brush

Comment

• GregoryK
        • Nov 2006
        • 3.8.x

One more question, what did you modify to get your sidebars to show up when going into the actual forums? That's one other feature I need to figure out at the moment, as I have advertisers that need to show up no matter what page the user is viewing.
        sigpicGreg, Founder
        Kings Fuller Brush

Comment

• steven s
          • Jul 2004
          • 3.8.x

Recent Threads?
          It's one of the vBadvanced modules.
          Further questions are probably better asked at http://www.vBadvanced.com
          ...steven

Comment

• GregoryK
            • Nov 2006
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
            Recent Threads?
            It's one of the vBadvanced modules.
            Further questions are probably better asked at http://www.vBadvanced.com
            Gotcha. I didn't know if it was something you cooked up or if they had it. That will make vBulletin pretty much what I need.
            sigpicGreg, Founder
            Kings Fuller Brush

Comment

• PigsOnTheWing
              • Sep 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 1996 328ti
              ACP -->Styles & Templates -->Style Manager --> Navigation / Breadcrumb Templates -->navbar
              Where would I want to add my line of code to make the new link appear as first on the list (before User CP)?

Has anyone created a mod that would allow items on the navbar to be more easily changed/removed? It seems like this should be built into vB.

Thanks!

Comment

• steven s
                • Jul 2004
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by PigsOnTheWing
                Where would I want to add my line of code to make the new link appear as first on the list (before User CP)?

Has anyone created a mod that would allow items on the navbar to be more easily changed/removed? It seems like this should be built into vB.

Thanks!
                My guess would be before
                HTML Code:
                <tr align="center">
                        <if condition="$show['member']">
                            <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="usercp.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[user_cp]</a></td>
                        </if>
                It's pretty straightforward html.

Also see this thread, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=196667
                ...steven

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...